The first time I traveled to Maine I was a wide-eyed 8-year-old in love with summer and wild blueberries.
The next time I traveled to Maine I was a four-eyed 12-year-old with a fear of snowmobiles and moose meat.
The last time I traveled to Maine I talked to the Maineiac (I like to call her “D”) and after dazzling her with my personality and complimenting her hair, she chose me as July’s featured blogger on She’s A Maineiac!
Before you click over to her blog and read my “firsts and lasts” interview, I feel like I should properly introduce you . So Rachel’s Table readers meet D, D meet my awesome readers.
Just to break the ice, I present to you some fun facts about D:
- D worked at L.L. Bean when she was a teenager. Her house was practically in the parking lot or across the street or in the duck whistle aisle. Either way, she wore lots of plaid.
- D has an amazing sense of humor, mostly because she’s willing to laugh at things like her hair freezing to the ice after a bad fall in the frozen tundra that is Maine.
- D has FIVE brothers. FIVE! She’s a survivor and has lived to tell
horrorfunny stories about her childhood.
- D doesn’t like lobster – even with lots of butter. I’m surprised they haven’t kicked her out of Maine yet.
- D has been Freshly Pressed FOUR times. For those of you not familiar with this term, Freshly Pressed is a huge honor bestowed upon a chosen few WordPress bloggers. It shows that not only is D funny, but she’s also got writing chops.
- D is also a Recommended Family Blogger on WordPress, which is fitting because she’s a great mom and patient daughter.
- D would like to have Jason Bateman’s baby. So, Jason, if you’re reading this, hop on a plane headed for Maine. D’s been waiting for you.
- D once won a contest right here on Rachel’s Table, because she’s so dang creative.
To steal a phrase from D’s mom, “Jeezum Crow!” I could go on and on about D’s virtues. She’s one of my favorite blogging buds and a wonderful human being to boot.
So grab a cup of coffee and click here to check out D’s Firsts and Lasts Interview with yours truly. Leave us both a comment over there (now that you’ve been properly introduced).