So…hello there…It’s been awhile.
In the past, when I’ve taken a break from the blog, I swore to myself I would NEVER do one of those so-hello-there-it’s-been-awhile-but-I’m-baaaaaak posts. Instead, I would just come back without fanfare and return to business as usual.
Well, I’m baaaaak. (Without fanfare.)
I have no excuse for taking such an extended break. If I did have excuses, I would want them to look something like this…
1. Sorry, Blog, but I can’t pay attention to you because I’m too busy doing my book tour. Next stop, ROME!
2. Oh, Blog, I do miss you, but I’m just exhausted from all the choreography practice for my stint as Beyoncé’s lone back up dancer on her next world tour. (Boy, are my thighs tired.)
3. Blog, I know you feel neglected but I’ve been spending the brutal winter in the more mild climate of Bali, where the wireless service from my hammock is shoddy at best.
4. You know I still care about you, Blog, but I’m a mermaid now and can’t bring my laptop into the depths of the sea. Ariel and Sebastian send their love.
5. Dearest Blog, I know you feel empty without me, but I’ve needed to fulfill my own creative spirit by learning how to make the most beautiful French pastries which required an 8-month stay in Paris.
6. Screw you, Blog, when Robert Downey, Jr. calls, you drop everything and do his bidding.
Alas, no such scenarios presented themselves to me, but I have missed you, Blog (and most importantly, Blog Readers).
So…hello there…It’s been awhile…but I’m back, Blog, to fill your digital pages with tasty recipes and mindless stories.
(Oh wait, while I was gone, I learned how to make homemade Pop Tarts. That’s a pretty good excuse, right?)